Monday, July 28, 2008

ugly collages

i don't know what's wrong. i have been trying to make collages for the past couple of days to post here -- the "ten minute" supposedly easy kind -- and they have come out HORRIBLE. i have some paintings waiting to be finished, thank goodness.

now, my challenge is....what to do with the ugly collages??? first i threw them away, but i can't stand to be wasteful of good art supplies, meaning the back side of good watercolor paper. so back on the art table they went for another day.

2 comments:

not said...

I just gotta tell you how important your "ugly" stuff is. I used to be embarrassed for anyone to see my ugly works, but now, I display them as proudly as the beautiful ones because I have had so many people respond to them. Your work is saying something important: Listen and let us hear, too.

Kim Printz said...

Yes, I agree. In fact I was hesitant to list my paintings on etsy because they aren't "pretty." they are actually rather intense and take a lot of emotional effort.

But the other collages? Well, they'll just have to wait and see. I'll keep them out until I see their beauty or figure out how to make them work.

Thanks for writing,

Kim